Whether you just want to be a recreational rider or a more serious competitive rider , we have something for everyone.
Two heated stables, tack rooms, a heated indoor riding arena, cross-country courses and access to cross-country riding.
Summer and March Break riding camps for all ages and skill levels! Take a look at our upcoming riding camp dates.
Fiddler’s Green Stables
Hunter/Jumper Competitive Riding Stable in Ottawa/Stittsville
Situated on 100 acres just outside the village of Stittsville, near Ottawa, Fiddler’s Green Stables is a family owned and operated facility offering a complete program of instruction by qualified instructors.
This is just a friendly reminder that with the increase in COVID cases in Ottawa, we at FGS are still operating with precautions and diligence.
- Please only enter the barn using the door to the Boarder’s Tack Room. Upon your arrival, there is a COVID station and we encourage you to sanitize your hands before you enter the facility. With the warmer weather here the barn doors are open to encourage air flow; however, we ask that no one enter through the barn as we do not have stations set up in these locations. The door to the lounge should only be used for the washroom only.
- We ask that parents still remain outside of the barn under the tents or in their vehicles to ensure that we have safe numbers of individuals within the facilities. At this time, the viewing lounge is closed to all visitors. We are still encouraged to keep our numbers low and encourage social distancing to prevent the spread of the virus.
- Please ensure that when your lesson or shift is finished that you leave the facility immediately after. Even in Phase 3 lingering and socializing must be kept to a minimum and we need to be diligent in protecting our employees. If you are waiting for someone to pick you up, we kindly ask that you not wait in the barn but rather outside (we have a lovely patio outside the boarder’s tack room).
- We are still assigning tack up locations and we kindly ask that these be respected. There should be no wandering in the barn. It is also your responsibility to sanitize your area before you leave including wiping down hoses, cross ties, putting away all brushes, etc. The area should be clean for the next person to use.
- Given the current increase in COVID cases in Ottawa and the possible increase to exposure with the return to school we kindly ask that all individuals in the barn please wear a mask. Masks are asked to be worn by all individuals on the ground at FGS with the only exception being those that are mounted on a horse and riding. We recommend the use of neck gaitors by students due to their ease of pulling up when required to cover nose and mouth and quick removal when riding. This allows for protection for yourself as well as others.
- Lastly, if you have travelled, have come in contact with anyone who has been exposed to COVID, have symptoms, or are generally unwell, we ask that you not visit and postpone your lesson or shift.
These are challenging times and we thank everyone for their continued assistance in keeping everyone safe and healthy!